Hideaway in the Adelaide Hills.
Features of 1965
1965 offers spacious self contained accommodation consisting of:
- two bedrooms with king size beds
- a fully equipped kitchen
- contemporary bathroom
- lounge & separate dining room
- a 'reading' room
The small private garden has a lovely patio area with outdoor seating surrounded by bird attracting plants.
The walls feature original artworks by Adelaide Hills artists interspersed with funky retro art. If you are a history buff or just the curious type, you'll enjoy our 'Heritage Hallway' featuring reproductions of vintage posters and photographs and we have a small collection of books about local history.
Lobethal was the home of Onkaparinga Woollen Mill blankets from 1879 until 1993. Although they are no longer made here, our bedrooms feature Onkaparinga Wool Quilts, electric blankets & comfy pillow top beds to ensure a good night's sleep. Our linens are hotel quality too.
Retro lamps create a warm ambiance and an extensive record collection featuring artists from the 1960's will keep those with a love of vinyl happy. Perhaps you'd like to make your own music with the house guitar?
In our kitchen full of sunshine you'll find locally sourced products for a lazy breakfast. We love relaxing over a plate of steaming pancakes on the weekend - and so we've left you a recipe & everything you need to make pancakes from scratch. Alternatively you may like to go out for breakfast at the on trend Emma and Ivy cafe, a short walk away.
Our sleek contemporary bathroom is stocked with Wallawa Botanical Indigenous Skincare Products, fresh bathrobes and fluffy white towels.
- The house accommodates 4 GUESTS ONLY. There are two King size beds however the second bedroom can be set up as two long singles. Please note: The second bedroom is unavailable when booking for 2 guests.
- Unfortunately the house is not suitable for children under 12 years.
- Non smoking
- Off street parking for 2 cars
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in main living and ceiling fans bedrooms
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Quality complimentary teas & organic coffee
- Complimentary Port
- Locally baked goods
- Locally sourced products to create your own breakfast including award winning Tweedvale Milk, Besa Juice, Beerenberg Jams, Lobethal Bakery bread and free range eggs
- Wallawa Indigenous Botanical Skincare guest soaps, shampoo & conditioner
- Use of Electric Blankets during winter months
- Use of Sheridan Bathrobes
- Chess sets and Board Games
- Collection of 1960's Vinyl & Record Player (with Bluetooth)
'' We had enormous fun sourcing just the right pieces to suit 1965 and giving the old house some love. We really hope that you love staying at 1965 as much as we loved creating it ''. Your hosts, Kim & Sam